Is there any funding available to control invasive plants on my land?
- Grant funds for invasive control are available through the Remove, Replant, and Restore Natural Places Cost Share Program in Monroe, Greene, Owen, and Brown Counties. More Information Here
- Funds may also be available through the EQIP program of the Natural Resource Conservation Service. More Information Here
What is the best way to control invasive plants?
- Use the Invasive Plant Species drop down menu on the blue toolbar to find detailed control methods for the species you want to control
- Calendar of Control - This is a simple guide with instructions on controlling a variety of invasive plants in Monroe County, including method and timing.
- Invasive Plant Resources contains information sources on-line and locally for both identifying and controlling invasive plants.
- This presentation covers how to identify 14 common invasive plants in Monroe County and describes the control techniques you can use on them.
I'm up to my ears in invasive plants! How do I decide where to start?
- This document provides advice and guidance on how to prioritize your invasive control efforts. Where Do I Start?! Prioritizing Invasive Plant Control
I need more help! Are there contractors who will control invasive plants on my land?
- Yes! You can find information about contracting invasive plant control and a directory of contractors at Invasive Plant Control Contractors
How do I get my neighbors to start controlling invasive plants?
- Tips on how to organize your neighbors to fight invasive plants together can be found at Organize Your Neighborhood to Control Invasive Plants!
What are the new invasive plants coming in to Indiana?
- The Keep a Lookout Flyer has information on new invasive plants in the Midwest.
How do I know what plant species are invasive in Indiana?
- The official invasive plant list for Indiana can be found at Indiana Invasive Plant List
Does MC-IRIS have a brochure?
- Yes, we do! More information about the Monroe County - Identify and Reduce Invasive Species group can be found at MC-IRIS Brochure
I want to replace the invasive plants in my yard with native plants. How do I decide which native plants are best for my yard?
- The Indiana Native Plant and Wildflower Society has great resources on choosing native landscaping plants on their site.
Now I know which native plants I want for my yard, but where can I buy them?
- Grow Indiana Natives is a certification program for native plant sellers in Indiana. Use their Buy Natives directory to find native plant sellers near you!